Tuesday, March 26, 2013

More "SITE-ings"

SITE = Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education

www.site.aace.org

This is my first time attending the SITE conference, which has 1,500 attendees presently. I understand from Dan Surry that USA COE is dominating with oodles of presentations by faculty and grad students -- yay us!

I've scoped out sessions on educational uses of Twitter (my newest obsession in case you hadn't noticed, @PeggyDelmas), distance Ed, and VoiceThread, among others.

One of the great things about conferences is the interesting people you meet. I sat in the "first timers" session earlier with a couple from Nova Scotia! The gentleman related to me that their weather back home was -2 Celsius...a quick converter search on Google translated that into 28 Fahrenheit. Brrrr. Even though things are chilly here in the Big Easy, we know that warmer temps are just around the corner. These hardy Nova Scotians won't get warm until May-ish. Have I said lately that I love living in the South?

No comments:

Post a Comment